Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Nice, I'm a junior in Savannah. How's the photo department up there? Have you been to Bergen Hall in Savannah?

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
Hey, so i had a look at your stuff on deviantart. the old and the more recent.

you have improved, without a doubt. gone from 'snapshots' to 'photographs' but there's still a long way to go. experimenting is good, but a lot of it is really cheesy, in my personal opinion. the only one i liked was the shot of the metal cover FDC AUTO USTE. It has good contrast and the point of focus and depth of field draws the viewer across the image in an interesting way. but really, you should be looking for context or being completely incomprehensible. try looking for a narrative in your images, why are you interested in the thing you are about to take a photograph of and how can you relate that feeling and understanding back to the viewer.

or not. experimenting is good, but developing a style is better, need to explore more deeply, break the surface, leave the superficial behind.

just some thoughts that come to mind. good luck, and i hope you're happy with your grade.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Nice, I'm a junior in Savannah. How's the photo department up there? Have you been to Bergen Hall in Savannah?

Cool, I'm a sophomore, just finished my fall quarter.

Far as I heard they have a really good photo lab, although this quarter was my first photo class (Photo Foundations) so I havent gotten a chance to explore the other parts. And No, I've never been to the Savannah campus.
just some thoughts that come to mind. good luck, and i hope you're happy with your grade.
Thanks for the insight, will take into consideration.
but there's still a long way to go. experimenting is good, but a lot of it is really cheesy, in my personal opinion.
Yeah, I agree. Almost like without the photoshopping some stuff wouldn't look too good. I usually only photoshop things cause could be good RAW and edited.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, should I use flickr or deviantart?

Anyway you are getting better :D, keep getting more shorts!!!....ooooppppsssss, I mean shot ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.