Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I keep missing Prime Days because I don't get an alert letting me know when they are going to happen. Is there a service that will send me an alert like "Prime Day starting in 1 week" or "Prime Day started today" ?

Or perhaps a service that automatically adds Prime Day to my Apple Calendar?

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I thought they were always right around July 15. If so, you could set a persistent event in your calendar on July 10.
Not a bad idea. Web searches didn't turn up any method to predicate the event or notify me about it. I spoke with Amazon customer support and they had no idea either.

Well, I'm learning Web programming. Once I have my skill level up, I'll take a crack at writing a "Prime Day" monitor that detects the date and add it to my calendar.

Funny thing that I organize several events a month, and notify attendees of when they are happening , and lets them sign up for a reminders the day of the event. If I can do it, I wonder why it seems that Amazon cannot.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I found the following (excerpt shown):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Prime#From_2012_-_2016
Amazon announced that July 15, 2015, its 20th birthday, would be "Amazon Prime Day", with deals for prime members similar to those on Black Friday. ...
Although it isn't always exactly on July 15, it seems fairly close in all the cases I found by googling amazon prime day YEAR, where the year was 2015 thru 2019.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I've generally found SlickDeals or just setting up Camel alerts to be more viable.

I just discovered Camel, and I kinda wish I didn't! Man, the way it tracks and sends you little nudges of price drops get it now before it is gone! Sneaky little bastards I tell yeah. Yes I know I signed up for it, but damn you Amazon and Camel!!!

Reactions: jagooch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.