Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dulwich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Does anyone know if Photoshop CS3 bought in the USA will operate on a G5 iMac bought and used in UK.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I'm running CS3 Web Premium (which includes Photoshop) from the US in the UK without issue. The CS2->CS3 upgrade cost me less USD than it would have GBP and with 2 USD to 1 GBP it's a no brainer.

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
I'm using CS3 downloaded from the Adobe US store. My cousin paid for it on his US credit card - saving me about £200. There's no problem using it in the UK. I checked with Adobe beforehand and they said it would be fine, but if I wanted support I'd have to contact Adobe US rather than Adobe UK. If I upgrade I might have to get that from the US as well - I'm not sure if a UK upgrade would work with a US serial number - but obviously that will be cheaper as well, even if I get a CD shipped over.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
II checked with Adobe beforehand and they said it would be fine, but if I wanted support I'd have to contact Adobe US rather than Adobe UK.

That's what they told me as well. Also they mention the language setting would be US english only.

As opposed to the European version which has a full British English localisation /sarcasm mode off

:p

genkiz

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
us - design premium

I am about to order Adobe design premium from the US.
Is that install include International English option? Other way what is the difference between the us english and uk/eu/ie english versions, if there are?
thanks in advance
G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.