Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nazeefmasood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2024
Hey, I need your help.

I am unable to restore the macbook. I don’t know what to do and how to solve the error.

When i try to restore it gives me this error

The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 10 – Failed to handle message type StatusMsg) [AMRestoreErrorDomain – 0xA (10)]

And when i try to revive it gives me this error

The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 9 - Failed to receive message from device, might be connection problem with USB host. (Communication error, possibly USB disconnection)) [AMRestoreErrorDomain – 0x9 (9)]​

I have macbook pro m2 2023

Chuckeee

macrumors 68030
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
How is the source of the data you are using for the restoration attached to your MacBook? Can you attach it directly (no hub, no switch, no network)?

nazeefmasood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2024
How is the source of the data you are using for the restoration attached to your MacBook? Can you attach it directly (no hub, no switch, no network)?
I attached both MacBooks by apple charge cable type c to c

nazeefmasood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2024
Your data backup is store on another MacBook? Or are you migrating data from one Mac to another?
Look I am not trying to migrate or anything. I am trying to fix ths issue and when i do that i get the above errors and i need the solutions for it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.