Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intergalacticrockets

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2016
Hello!

Before I begin, I should mention I am 15, so if you run into any issues with tacet or have any feedback, PLEASE let me know - I want to learn.

I am the developer behind tacet (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tacet-haptic-silent-metronome/id1039646461?mt=8) the silent haptic metronome, BPM calculator, and handy tempo reference table for Apple Watch. I launched it several months ago, and the response has been amazing. I got so much great feedback, and today I am proud to announce the next major release, tacet 1.1.

The new version brings a variety of new features, from interface improvements to a better BPM calculation algorithm to improved haptic feedback. Tacet allows you to have a silent metronome always on your wrist, where you can feel the beats (without an annoying audible tone), figure out the BPM of a song on the fly, and find a convenient reference to the BPM ranges of common tempos.

It is available completely free on the App Store, and if you really like it, there is a 99 cent in app purchase to support development you can make.

Please check it out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tacet-haptic-silent-metronome/id1039646461?mt=8

Thanks!

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
GREAT idea. I don't play out any more but man would I have loved this back in the day! Still going to check it out.

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
This is an amazing idea and good app, but the metronome stops when you lower your arm making the whole thing useless.

intergalacticrockets

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2016
This is an amazing idea and good app, but the metronome stops when you lower your arm making the whole thing useless.

Thanks for the feedback, and for downloading tacet!

Unfortunately, the turning off when you lower your wrist is an Apple "feature", and there is nothing I can do at the moment, as apps cannot currently override the watch's sleep settings.

Therefore, it is better for starting with or finding the tempo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.