Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
Hello~

I've got a 13-Inch MacBook 467, Late 2008. The first generation of the Uni-body MacBooks.

Now, I met such display problem...

I think there's something wrong with graphics card at first time ,but the display problem won't happen if I use the external display through the Mini-Display port to D-sub.

If I rotate the clutch cover ,the display problem will disappear sometime.
I doubt if there is something wrong with the display cable,but after I replaced the cable, the display problem is there still...:mad:

Anyone ever who know what's the problem on earth ?
Thank you.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hello~

I've got a 13-Inch MacBook 467, Late 2008. The first generation of the Uni-body MacBooks.

Now, I met such display problem...

I think there's something wrong with graphics card at first time ,but the display problem won't happen if I use the external display through the Mini-Display port to D-sub.

If I rotate the clutch cover ,the display problem will disappear sometime.
I doubt if there is something wrong with the display cable,but after I replaced the cable, the display problem is there still...:mad:

Anyone ever who know what's the problem on earth ?
Thank you.

That is a sign of a classic cable needing to be seated. If the cable indeed properly seated then the data connections on either the logic board or the LCD are compromised. I would lean towards LCD since the Logic Board ones do not see much movement.

dikey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
That is a sign of a classic cable needing to be seated. If the cable indeed properly seated then the data connections on either the logic board or the LCD are compromised. I would lean towards LCD since the Logic Board ones do not see much movement.

I replaced the LCD today, and this won't happen again,you're right thank you very much~:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.