Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmostoff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2015
So I'm new to programming and I'm currently working on a pet project and I've gotten stuck pretty hard.

The essentials of it are that I want to read the distanceWalkingRunning data from HealthKit on a user's phone, store that information, and be able to print it to a UILabel in either Miles or Kilometers.

The main issue that I'm running into is that I haven't been able to find many good examples for HealthKit code. All of the tutorials I've been able to find either seem to not be up to date for Swift 2 or only be targeted at WatchOS related things.

To be clear, all I want to be able to do is read the distance data. I don't currently plan on having the app write anything back to HealthKit at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to the same question that I posted on Stack Overflow that might be of more help since I included some more details there: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...g-from-healthkit-and-display-it-to-a-label-in

(To my knowledge there's nothing wrong with posting that but if there are any forum rules against posting links like that, I apologize, and any Mods, please feel free to remove it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.