Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prtcool1193

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Hey Guys,

I'm putting together a review video for the 2016 MacBook Pro and was wondering if any of you had any questions of real life experiences with the laptop (not just technical, geekbench questions). I want to take questions that I've received and answer them with my own personal experiences with the laptop. I do a lot of video editing so feel free to ask about that as well!

I have the 2016 15' MacBook Pro, 512 Gb, 2.7 Ghz, 460 GPU

Thanks!

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
I've seen quite a bit about video editing, where the new machine shines with the right software. I'd be interested in some comparative tests of realistic Photoshop or other photo editing tasks, not just benchmarks. The new machines lag older models in Diglloyd's Photoshop benchmarks, but I don't know how much that reflects real use.

Reactions: prtcool1193

pubmsu

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I have a couple questions:

Did you so far hit the 16GB RAM limit in terms of performance degradation due to swapping? What type of heavy workload can it take until performance starts to affect negatively?

Does the keyboard area and/or underside get uncomfortably hot under heavy workload?

Reactions: prtcool1193

prtcool1193

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
which size did you come from? and how does it differ, size wise when speaking portability.

Hey! So I came from the mid 2010 MacBook Pro 15". This new laptop is much more portable than the 2010 one. Much lighter and very very thin!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.