Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I'm thinking about getting the vertical grip for the D80, I don't really know though, it really looks huge in photos, bigger than any other vertical grip I've seen.

Anyone have experience with it?

benoitgphoto

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Yes...I have one. It has a good size and balance the camera and lenses very well. The only donwside I see and it's the same thing with the D200 is that the grip tend to loose with time and you can feel that loose. All in all I'm very happy with it.

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Without a doubt get the verticle grip...I Love mine on my D200 and dont have any looseness that the other poster refers to. You will thank me later! Extra battery life is always good to have and it provides much much much much better feel.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Without a doubt get the verticle grip...I Love mine on my D200 and dont have any looseness that the other poster refers to. You will thank me later! Extra battery life is always good to have and it provides much much much much better feel.

Does it help with balance with a flash attached? That's what I don't like right now, when i have the SB-800 speedlight attached, and I'm walking around, the camera is so top heavy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.