Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I'm a long time Olympus user. Have an old OM-1, then I got the Centurion APS camera back in the mid 90s, and just got a µ Digital 600 (Stylus 600) for Christmas, that I'm very happy with.

Too broke to get myself a DSLR, but an E-series camera is the strongest competitor to the Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, which is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Cannot see myself getting a Nikon... but, then again, that might change...

History suggest I'm going to end up with an Olympus, though... ;)

NinjaMonkey

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
I have an E500 and love it. I've also owned a few Olympus P&S digitals before.

I love the E500 though I set out to buy either a Canon or Nikon for my first SLR. I seem to always come back to Oly.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I don't own the Olympus DSLR's; but I do sell them. They are great cameras, and they are at the forefront IMO in lens design for DSLRs IMO.

bousozoku, IIRC, is an Olympus DSLR user too.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Chip NoVaMac said:
I don't own the Olympus DSLR's; but I do sell them. They are great cameras, and they are at the forefront IMO in lens design for DSLRs IMO.

bousozoku, IIRC, is an Olympus DSLR user too.

Indeed, on all points. :)

I've had my E-1 for two years now but it's my 3rd Olympus digital and my 5th Olympus camera overall.

Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I'm a long time Olympus user. Have an old OM-1, then I got the Centurion APS camera back in the mid 90s, and just got a µ Digital 600 (Stylus 600) for Christmas, that I'm very happy with.

Too broke to get myself a DSLR, but an E-series camera is the strongest competitor to the Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, which is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Cannot see myself getting a Nikon... but, then again, that might change...

History suggest I'm going to end up with an Olympus, though... ;)

I almost ended up with a Nikon D70. I could never end up with a Canon SLR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.