Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biliblisama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
Just got an iPhone X, searched on Amazon and find this wood one. ↓
Does color is the same? Any one have real picture?↓↓
Does any one got this? How's that working?↓↓↓
81vxXKqcI%2BL._SL1354_.jpg

61ut1K9w9QL._SL1500_.jpg

71nhbgM0v2L._SL1500_.jpg

biliblisama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
I’m pining for an attractive charger.
Thought this one is good, and read review pics, but not clear enough, I do want to get more clear pics here
[doublepost=1513392009][/doublepost]
Looks pretty cool. Is it real wood? Ikea also makes a wood framed charger as well as a lamp with a charger in the base. I say give it a try.
It said real wood and it's walnut. I know that IKEA one, do not like that color and it not suit for my nightstand, also they are not specialized in producing electronics. I do visit this shop's homepage, they all sell wireless charger, seems to be more professional. Just wanna more information here, you know, sometimes reviews can not be trusted.
[doublepost=1513393773][/doublepost]
It gets pretty warm. I have a wood Qi charger.
Really? Is the one I posted? How warm do you think? I thought getting warm is acceptable, but if too much warm... boom

Reactions: bopajuice

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
It should work fine. The wood veneer is probably 1mm thick or less, so it shouldn't negatively impact the inductive charging efficiency that much. I'd like to see more manufacturers produce wood wrapped charging pads and stands, as they blend into their surroundings better than black or white plastic disks.

Reactions: biliblisama

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I guess with Face ID why does anyone want to buy flat charger instead of a stand?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I'll give you that the stand near a bed while sleeping may be annoying but why can you just turn the phone away. Distraction is the same thing as nightstand. There is no balancing act needed. My phone sits easily on the stand.

So, truthfully, there no real reason to get a flat charger unless you travel and need something flat for your laptop bag.

The stand lets me tap the phone, look its way and see my notifications. What could be easier.

biliblisama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
It should work fine. The wood veneer is probably 1mm thick or less, so it shouldn't negatively impact the inductive charging efficiency that much. I'd like to see more manufacturers produce wood wrapped charging pads and stands, as they blend into their surroundings better than black or white plastic disks.
Ya, that's why I do wanna this one, it suit for my night stand, do you get one like this or others?
[doublepost=1513504840][/doublepost]why?

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I bought a different Yogee for my iPhone X last month and returned it as it had a nasty habit of dropping the charge after 15 minutes. Turns out it has some “circuitry protection mode” that is squirrely with the X and certain USB adapters.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Since almost all iPhone stands are vertical could that really be the case? But I am sure there are a few who agree that.

I believe that stands, as a genre, are ugly. I believe that an iPhone is a thin, flat pane of glass and when resting on a surface looks its very best lying flat.

So when it comes to wireless charging, the very best Qi solutions are flat, not tilted. They are horizontal, not vertical. Therefore the best Qi solutions are charging pads, not stands.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
I'll give you that the stand near a bed while sleeping may be annoying but why can you just turn the phone away. Distraction is the same thing as nightstand. There is no balancing act needed. My phone sits easily on the stand.

So, truthfully, there no real reason to get a flat charger unless you travel and need something flat for your laptop bag.

The stand lets me tap the phone, look its way and see my notifications. What could be easier.

Asking one’s opinion and then validating/discrediting that opinion is just attempting to nitpick. Those reasons are my values, and distraction is not the same as nightstand. When I’m at my desk at work, I want to know a text came in without it being so glaringly in my face. I prefer to look down, acknowledge and keep working sometimes. Neverthelsss, stand or mat, enjoy!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Asking one’s opinion and then validating/discrediting that opinion is just attempting to nitpick. Those reasons are my values, and distraction is not the same as nightstand. When I’m at my desk at work, I want to know a text came in without it being so glaringly in my face. I prefer to look down, acknowledge and keep working sometimes. Neverthelsss, stand or mat, enjoy!

Now you have actually provided a reason that makes sense to me.

biliblisama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
Finally purchased two of them, and just received it. It does not let me down, real wood(dark brown) with different grains, you can see the tree rings clearly.
Nice polishing, thought it must be used wax, feels smooth and won't hurt hands by wood dust.
There's a small light, when it powered on, it will have a fast flashing(blue-green-blue), then turn off. When you put your phone on it for charging, the light will turn blue.
YA002 (5).jpg

Last edited:

ryanasimov

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
In some photos the branding looks obnoxiously visible and in others it's less apparent. Do you care about that?

biliblisama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
In some photos the branding looks obnoxiously visible and in others it's less apparent. Do you care about that?
Cause photographing at different angles and light.
I thought it is laser engraving, it's okay for me, just logo not a scratch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.