Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I'm just looking for some sequential images- like a sunset - that I can use for my desktop, and then set osx to change the picture every 5 seconds or so.

I'm open to other suggestions and themes as well, but i'd like to use high quality images.

poolish

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
south coast, uk
not sure about where you could get some photos, but i took a load of time lapse photos recently of clouds and things, i might try it. nice

edit: actually i guess if you wanted you could take your own time lapse photos, i did mine with a canon 400d tethered to my mac, but apparently you can use this software too: "Gawker", which can use your isight or another webcam.

marklight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
not sure about where you could get some photos, but i took a load of time lapse photos recently of clouds and things, i might try it. nice

edit: actually i guess if you wanted you could take your own time lapse photos, i did mine with a canon 400d tethered to my mac, but apparently you can use this software too: "Gawker", which can use your isight or another webcam.

Yea I know, but you see I have this horrible disease called laziness...

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Yea I know, but you see I have this horrible disease called laziness...

Which may or may not be associated with smoking a lot of pot? :)

T'is a nice idea though. You could use QTPro to separate a video of such a thing into it's component images and then grab the images from ImageReady or Photoshop or something I suppose. Not sure of the quality there though.

That's how I got my Avatar from the "Appleseed Ex Machina" movie into a set of animated GIF images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.