Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
What’s the scuttlebutt? I’m looking to get a second Apple Pencil (for home office, first Pencil lives in my bag). I’m really hoping for some improvements in the next gen so I held off on the slim chance there’d be an announcement at WWDC but of course no. Anybody know what the current rumors are if any?

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
I think there's a good chance we might see an improved Apple Pencil Pro later this year with improvements for professional use that work in conjunction with refreshed iPad Pros.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
What’s the scuttlebutt? I’m looking to get a second Apple Pencil (for home office, first Pencil lives in my bag). I’m really hoping for some improvements in the next gen so I held off on the slim chance there’d be an announcement at WWDC but of course no. Anybody know what the current rumors are if any?
I've heard rumors from the usual people... who are usually wrong. They've been saying that there was going to be an updated Pencil for over a year. Nothing. The Pencil, like the smart keyboard is "it" for the foreseeable future.

If a new Pencil is released down the road, it most likely won't be backward compatible with older iPads but require the latest iPad at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.