Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
As the thread title thread suggests, is there any way to play Minecraft Bedrock without jail breaking my device?

As I remember, there is the unofficial Minecraft launcher but you need to have the Android version, and it may not work as it is an x86 application.

There is also Android emulators, but Bluestacks 4 is not supported for M chips and I have found no news about Bluestacks 5 being on the Mac

There’s PlayCover and Sideloadly but you need a decrypted version of Minecraft, and I don’t want to jail break my device.

There’s also Windows virtual machines. But I don’t know how Minecraft will perform on VMWare Fusion and UTM, as I don’t want to pay for Parallels.

Is there any way to play Minecraft Bedrock on M series Macs? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
There’s also Windows virtual machines. But I don’t know how Minecraft will perform on VMWare Fusion and UTM, as I don’t want to pay for Parallels.

You'll just have to try the VM route and see if it works. Wineskin is a possible option, though I'm skeptical it would work. There are no other alternatives.

EDIT: you can play it using XBox Game Pass over the Cloud. But that's a sub. Here's a site that walks through all the options to play it on a Mac., including the Cloud option.

Last edited:
Reactions: MmkLucario

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
You'll just have to try the VM route and see if it works. Wineskin is a possible option, though I'm skeptical it would work. There are no other alternatives.

EDIT: you can play it using XBox Game Pass over the Cloud. But that's a sub. Here's a site that walks through all the options to play it on a Mac., including the Cloud option.
Yeah I suppose the virtual machine is the only option left unless Microsoft ports Bedrock to the Mac. I just hope Minecraft Bedrock doesn’t crash in UTM. Do you need to buy a Windows license to use VMWare Fusion?

JustAnExpat

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2019
>Do you need to buy a Windows license to use VMWare Fusion?

You can download a beta version of Windows ARM. There will be a watermark on the lower right hand corner though.

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
>Do you need to buy a Windows license to use VMWare Fusion?

You can download a beta version of Windows ARM. There will be a watermark on the lower right hand corner though.
Ok. So kinda like UTM then. I’ll be ok with the watermark.

Does VMWare Fusion utilize the GPU on the Mac?

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
Ok. So kinda like UTM then. I’ll be ok with the watermark.

Does VMWare Fusion utilize the GPU on the Mac?

I've used UTM and VMware Fusion. Fusion is easily the better performing of the two. I've only tried a few older games and it's a mixed bag. One article shows that DirectX 11 is not currently supported on Apple Silicon... only OpenGL 4.3. This should change over the next several months now that Microsoft is officially endorsing Windows in a VM on Apple Silicon. Parallels is first out the gate, but VMware will catch up.

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
I've used UTM and VMware Fusion. Fusion is easily the better performing of the two. I've only tried a few older games and it's a mixed bag. One article shows that DirectX 11 is not currently supported on Apple Silicon... only OpenGL 4.3. This should change over the next several months now that Microsoft is officially endorsing Windows in a VM on Apple Silicon. Parallels is first out the gate, but VMware will catch up.
Ok. So VMWare Fusion Player may have more potential in the future, as UTM is an open source project.

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Also, is there any Big Sur virtual machines that will run on M series Macs?

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Has anyone been able to run Minecraft bedrock through PlayCover? I heard reports that SIP needs to be off in order to play it.

PRS_2023

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2023
Has anyone been able to run Minecraft bedrock through PlayCover? I heard reports that SIP needs to be off in order to play it.
I have played and yes for online playing SIP is must be off in order to sign in to Microsoft account
download minecraft ipa and playcover
select minecraft ipa in play cover
Launch it
and enjoy

PRS_2023

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2023
I have played and yes for online playing SIP is must be off in order to sign in to Microsoft account
Launch it
and enjoy
and for dont jailbraeking your iphone download ipa from 3rd party sites
like appcake

Sethasaures

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2024
Launch it
and enjoy
Anyway you can tell me this in a little more detail?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.