Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
I guess really commercial photography. For instance, those huge pictures of people wearing cosmetics which exist in shopping centres. I walked up to one of those the other day, a good 6 metres wide, and the detail close up was amazing!

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
When I first saw this thread title the very first thing that I thought of was Hasselblad. Turns out I was right.:)

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Yeah, they have one that's 39 megapixels...that's pretty big.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
It's interesting that they mention 'Moire free colour rendering' as one of the features. Last digital Hasselblad I saw on a shoot delivered shots riddled with moire.
Admittedly it was coupled to a Leaf Aptus digital back.... but it left me somewhat dissapointed.

hubristol

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
Digital medium format cameras are sexy as hell. I couldn't ever see myself buying one, but a man can dream.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Admittedly it was coupled to a Leaf Aptus digital back.... but it left me somewhat dissapointed.

If it was moire, than I would assume it was the back's fault, since a good deal of earlier nikons and early D200s had the same problem and it was sensor based.

I don't think I'd ever get one. If I wanted MF digital I'd get a digital back and stick it on a 500C/M. More fun. :D

I agree, but if I were to ever need MF professionally then I know I'd be shooting something high-end enough and with enough volume to warrant spending cash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.