Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arbitrio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I'll be away most of the day, and I'd rather not wait until Saturday to pick up my package. I know it depends on the security of the area you live in, but I'm just curious if anyone is pre-signing. If so, how are you managing the 'risk.'

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
A lot of people can sign for their delivery by going to the Apple Store to pick up their reservation.

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
i tried it last year. my neighborhood is pretty safe, but the driver decided not to leave it , so i lined up at the hub that night

guess they were just being safe, cause the sheet was visible \:

i’m going to deliver it to my work address , that has worked in the past

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I’m pre-signing for mine. They can just leave it by the door like every other package I’ve ever received. Never had a problem. I’ve got security cameras and the protection of my credit card.

Reactions: That70sGAdawg

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
A lot of people can sign for their delivery by going to the Apple Store to pick up their reservation.
This doesn't make any sense. IF you order for home delivery, why would they take it to the Apple store to pick up the reservation. Make's 0 sense.

OP, can't you not do a hold for pick up? That's what I did and I'll be going to the UPS CC near me to pick it up rather than having it delivered to my home because I know I won't be home all day.

snatefinch

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
This doesn't make any sense. IF you order for home delivery, why would they take it to the Apple store to pick up the reservation. Make's 0 sense.

OP, can't you not do a hold for pick up? That's what I did and I'll be going to the UPS CC near me to pick it up rather than having it delivered to my home because I know I won't be home all day.

I think he was being sarcastic [read: jerk] and saying if you could have just chosen In-Store pickup.

ValhallaOutcast

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2017
what's interesting is I had my phone sent to my work since I sign for the couriers that come here, but when I ordered my 7+ this week the notification said no signature required.

Not sure if this is because it detected it as a commercial address and not residential

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
what's interesting is I had my phone sent to my work since I sign for the couriers that come here, but when I ordered my 7+ this week the notification said no signature required.

Not sure if this is because it detected it as a commercial address and not residential

Was this from Apple? It depends on where it is from.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I'm not doing pre-sign, but I'm doing a UPS hold on my iPhone so I can pick it up at my UPS CC on Friday morning at my leisure.

Stang69

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2017
I signed up for it, in case I am not home. I asked my local UPS store if I can get it earlier by changing delivery to the store, but they said it is risky...might deliver to store early or could be delayed until Monday.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
I’m pre-signing for mine. They can just leave it by the door like every other package I’ve ever received. Never had a problem. I’ve got security cameras and the protection of my credit card.
Interesting, I wonder if your credit card would cover the loss considering you are explicitly taking responsibility by signing the waiver.

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I'll be taping the form to my door tomorrow. I did last year for my MBP and everything worked out fine. Granted, I live in a pretty good area and someone will be home to bring the box inside relatively quickly after delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.