Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rachelcenter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2019
my notes on my iphone arent syncing with my desktop again. this has been an on going issue for several weeks now. i've called apple about it twice. we went through all the troubleshooting steps and that didnt fix it. the 2nd time i called i was told it was a known issue. several weeks later it seemed like it resolved itself. then today april 13th i made a note on my iphone in the "notes" application and that was hours ago. and it still hasnt showed up on my "notes" on my imac desktop. anyone else experiencing this?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
my notes on my iphone arent syncing with my desktop again. this has been an on going issue for several weeks now. i've called apple about it twice. we went through all the troubleshooting steps and that didnt fix it. the 2nd time i called i was told it was a known issue. several weeks later it seemed like it resolved itself. then today april 13th i made a note on my iphone in the "notes" application and that was hours ago. and it still hasnt showed up on my "notes" on my imac desktop. anyone else experiencing this?
just created a test note on my iPhone and it was available on my Mac with <30 sec later.
When did you last sign out/in of iCloud?
I am running latest released version of iOS and Ventura btw

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Hi, I have the same exact issue. Some times it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Also sometimes it syncs only one way. Eg. today on my Macbook, I revised a note and the changes sync to my iPhone. But when I revise another note on my iPhone, it doesn't sync to my Macbook. Grrrrrrr...

Meuti

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2019
Not sure if that helps, but make sure to turn off VPN (if you use one). As long as it's turned on (it mostly is turned on on my Macbook) syncing takes much longer.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Not sure if that helps, but make sure to turn off VPN (if you use one). As long as it's turned on (it mostly is turned on on my Macbook) syncing takes much longer.
Thanks for that suggestion, but no, I don't use VPN.

• Sad
Reactions: Meuti

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Ugh! I really hate Notes now. I tried signing out of iCloud then signing in again on my Macbook in an attempt to fix this. And now there are no notes at all! All the newer notes that I made on my Macbook that didn't sync to my iPhone are now gone!

Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 4.59.06 PM.png

• Sad
Reactions: Meuti
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.