Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Hey y’all! My HomePod OG pair is working totally fine in my living room, but in my bathroom I feel like the single HomePod 2 is a nucance.

There are a lot more noticeable and frequent issues with it not playing music than before when I just had a single HomePod OG in the bathroom.

I’ll say “Hey Siri!” and it won’t even light up or make noise fairly frequently.

I reset my router and reset the HomePod and it’s gotten slightly better with the latest update, but still not amazing.

One theory is that it has to do with the HomePod 2 now being higher up where I put my towels and what not. It’s more exposed as opposed to before when my HomePod OG was on a shelf under my sink.

Idk. Any thoughts?!

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Did the recent software update help?
yes! thank you for the reply.

honestly everything is working stellar now. I think that did the trick. new HomePod, OG pair and Mini are all responding well and not randomly pausing or anything.

just hope it stays this way lol. crazy how I have to worry about my devices doing their job / basic functions…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.