Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ubinko

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
I love the iPhone 12 mini. The form factor is amazing and it still works great to this day... except for one thing --> the battery life. When I work in the office, I'm running out of battery before the day is over.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 16 or 16 pro. Yes, it's going to be a big hunk of metal that will wear a hole in my trouser pocket, but I sure am looking forward to all the upgrades and huge increase in battery life.

Anyone else upgrading from the 12 mini? I will probably get the 16 pro, if only for the 120hz screen.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Why not consider the 15 Pro is you want the smallest sized iphone after the Minis.

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
I have had the 12 mini since day 1 and will be upgrading the battery so I can get (hopefully) a couple more years out of this baby.

Reactions: MrAperture

ubinko

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
I tend to get the latest iteration of any technology, so it lasts the longest. But I will go to the store and try out the 15 pro. thanks!

ubinko

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
I have had the 12 mini since day 1 and will be upgrading the battery so I can get (hopefully) a couple more years out of this baby.
Yea, I plan to pass mine on to my 7 year old, to use as a camera/video camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: B.A.T

SamboSoul

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2020
Same here, my iPhone 12 mini battery is down to 81% and boy it certainly has its time when it's getting slow and clearly the battery is the biggest issue. Although I love the size I am considering to upgrade to the iPhone 16, though I am not sure if it's the 16 or the 16 Pro. I do not actually need the Pro features, however, since I am spending a ton already for the non-Pro I might as well just spend a little more and get the Pro. The 120Hz display is nice, so is the more premium feel of it.

Drosera

macrumors regular
May 9, 2020
Same here, my iPhone 12 mini battery is down to 81% and boy it certainly has its time when it's getting slow and clearly the battery is the biggest issue. Although I love the size I am considering to upgrade to the iPhone 16, though I am not sure if it's the 16 or the 16 Pro. I do not actually need the Pro features, however, since I am spending a ton already for the non-Pro I might as well just spend a little more and get the Pro. The 120Hz display is nice, so is the more premium feel of it.
Why not just get a 2nd hand 15 pro - I managed to get one from Mozillion for £740 essentially in mint condition, including a 99% battery and a few months left on the Apple warranty (I don't work for them!)

Reactions: SamboSoul

Patrick P

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
I will also upgrade from 12 Mini with first battery. My business phone is a standard 13. I have average hands and I think the 13 sucks for one hand operation. But well, we have no real choice. I would have even bought the Pro Max if it had the better main camera sensor.

ssampath

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
My people! I will be updating from the 12 mini to pro. 4 years is long enough- had a good run with it but have to move with the times. The 16 would have been fine but for the 5x lens - I do some hiking and would like that to take a few photos.

SamboSoul

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2020
Why not just get a 2nd hand 15 pro - I managed to get one from Mozillion for £740 essentially in mint condition, including a 99% battery and a few months left on the Apple warranty (I don't work for them!)
That’s an option too. I may look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.