Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MortimerJazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
London
I'm feeling a proper amateur popping in here and asking anything about a camera other than an SLR ... but that's pretty much what I am!

Anyway, I've got a Cybershot T-10. I was wondering whether anyone can tell me whether it's possible to get RAW data off that kind of camera? I really like the idea of giving HDR stuff a go, but I'm not sure I've got a good enough camera to give it a shot ;)

MortimerJazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
London
Great, thanks Lovesong.

I've found out how to set it up so that the EV value increases each time a picture is taken.

One quick question though, should you (or anyone else!) know the answer. With this bracket step in place, does this mean that the camera automatically takes a series of pictures (each one with a higher EV setting), or do I need to manually take a series of pictures and trust that each successive picture will have a higher exposure?

Thanks very much for your help - it's really appreciated!

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I'm not exactly sure on the Cybershots. I have a DSC-T-9, but when I shoot for HDR, I use my 5D. On there it depends what settings I have. If, for example, I'm shooting bracketed on a timer with mirror lockup, all three pictures are taken sequentially-meaning I push the button once, and the camera takes three images. When I have it on single shot, I need to press the button three times to get the three exposures. This is of course not the optimal way to do bracketing (the best being controlling the shutter speed manually), but in your case, I don't think you have that option. Put the camera on something sturdy like your desk, set it up for bracket shooting, and push the button. If you capture only one picture, then you will need to take three sequential images. Otherwise the camera will fire off three shots, one right after another. Hope this helps.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Great, thanks Lovesong.

I've found out how to set it up so that the EV value increases each time a picture is taken.

One quick question though, should you (or anyone else!) know the answer. With this bracket step in place, does this mean that the camera automatically takes a series of pictures (each one with a higher EV setting), or do I need to manually take a series of pictures and trust that each successive picture will have a higher exposure?

Thanks very much for your help - it's really appreciated!

Why bother setting up an automatic bracketing sequence. Just take three shots one with +EV corection one spot on and one with -EV corection. Push the shutter each time. OK if you can find a way to automat this fine but there is no need. You can take you three shots in the time it would take you to set up the autobracket sequence. Try taking five exposures if you like or even 7. You do not need to use all 7 in the final image.

You can do this with any camera

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.