Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
I have a ps4 hooked up via a hdmi splitter - worked fine with an old hp monitor but noticed today, it only works when the mac is turned on! Even after I unplugged the display port and usb hub, it still went to 'no signal' when the mac sleep - how can it do this when the mac is not connected to the monitor in anyway? Very strange!

Any ideas? Fairly low issue as I rarely use the ps4, especially at my Mac Pros monitor

EDIT - the elgato game capture hd needs usb power so I've now connected this to the back of the monitor - apart from 50hz (slight mushy look to the image) instead of 60hz everything is fine

Last edited:

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Even after I unplugged the display port and usb hub, it still went to 'no signal' when the mac sleep - how can it do this when the mac is not connected to the monitor in anyway? Very strange!

Wouldn't this be the expected behavior? This is how every monitor I have works. In fact, I would consider it a problem if the monitor didn't go to sleep on "no signal" when the Mac went to sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.