Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vacay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Anyone have the InvisiGlass Ultra screen protector installed on their XS MAX can confirm if they see any rainbow effect on the side edges where the glass meets the screen?

Trying to figure out if they finally fixed this issue or not. Please post your feedback if you own one of these.

agoat

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Anyone....
Hey vacay, I saw you asked yesterday about this. So I had went 50miles away to the nearest Apple store that still have the Belkin in stock and I had ordered the last one.

It was bad, the drive on a Sunday was not fun as expected but I made it almost to closing time which is 6pm on a Sunday. I was surprised to see the store packed with little room to move around, maybe this is normal but this is my first time going to the Apple store. So I had to flagged down someone for help and asked that I wait, so I did. Overall it was a great experience.

They installed the belkin using this machine that they did in front of me. It was almost flawless, have problem with the bottom of the phone seems not to have enough glue or something it won’t stay down. Overall it is a great quality screen protector and felt like the phone screen itself. Also there is no rainbow effect, the surrounding edges is matted kinda like cauterized effect, no light from it. And I had google rainbow effect on screen protector, this belkin is good

vacay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Hey vacay, I saw you asked yesterday about this. So I had went 50miles away to the nearest Apple store that still have the Belkin in stock and I had ordered the last one.

It was bad, the drive on a Sunday was not fun as expected but I made it almost to closing time which is 6pm on a Sunday. I was surprised to see the store packed with little room to move around, maybe this is normal but this is my first time going to the Apple store. So I had to flagged down someone for help and asked that I wait, so I did. Overall it was a great experience.

They installed the belkin using this machine that they did in front of me. It was almost flawless, have problem with the bottom of the phone seems not to have enough glue or something it won’t stay down. Overall it is a great quality screen protector and felt like the phone screen itself. Also there is no rainbow effect, the surrounding edges is matted kinda like cauterized effect, no light from it. And I had google rainbow effect on screen protector, this belkin is good

Thanks so much for doing this! I’m glad it was worth the trip. Also relieved to hear you don’t notice any rainbow effect. Is the bottom of the screen protector causing any more issues for you?

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
No rainbow effect, the edges are covered fine, Apple installed the protector for me with their device and it fit just fine. Now if you look at the screen from certain angles you may see the rainbow effect, but now when you are looking straight forward.
[doublepost=1537761674][/doublepost]
AA207B05-E06E-476D-B0A4-3EF6E72FEE1F.jpeg
Thanks. Any chance we could see a pic of it installed on the actual iPhone?
[doublepost=1537761718][/doublepost]As you can see when they used the device to install it it’s pretty much a perfect fit. The guy did a fantastic job.

Reactions: vacay

vacay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
No rainbow effect, the edges are covered fine, Apple installed the protector for me with their device and it fit just fine. Now if you look at the screen from certain angles you may see the rainbow effect, but now when you are looking straight forward.
[doublepost=1537761674][/doublepost] View attachment 787803
[doublepost=1537761718][/doublepost]As you can see when they used the device to install it it’s pretty much a perfect fit. The guy did a fantastic job.

Thank you!

clarencek

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Is that for the Max? The apple stores in NYC don’t have the machine to install them yet.
Hoping they get it soon.

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Anyone have the InvisiGlass Ultra screen protector installed on their XS MAX can confirm if they see any rainbow effect on the side edges where the glass meets the screen?

Trying to figure out if they finally fixed this issue or not. Please post your feedback if you own one of these.

Hey, both myself and wife had them fitted at the apple store on Friday when picked them up, installed with he machine and got the last two....20 minutes after opening..>WTF....can confirm they fit perfect, look great and do not have any of the issues I have experienced with previous ones

Hope it helps

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Is that for the Max? The apple stores in NYC don’t have the machine to install them yet.
Hoping they get it soon.

Yeah mine was the max, but they have a device that they insert your phone in and then they install it, so dust and other debris don’t get in it and it installs perfectly aligned, it was supplied by InvisiGlass I believe.

widestload

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
manchester UK
Had mine installed on launch day and its near perfect. just the thinnest of slices right on the top left corner that wont stay stuck, but i don't really notice it.

Unlike others though i would say that there is still a rainbow effect right on the edges if you look at it at an angle, (ie as the glass is only just bigger than the screen, looking at it at an angle kind of puts the edge over the screen so you get the rainbow).

That said it really doesn't bother me and I'm happy with the protector, but if you've created this thread specifically about this then I'm guessing you will notice it.

vacay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Had mine installed on launch day and its near perfect. just the thinnest of slices right on the top left corner that wont stay stuck, but i don't really notice it.

Unlike others though i would say that there is still a rainbow effect right on the edges if you look at it at an angle, (ie as the glass is only just bigger than the screen, looking at it at an angle kind of puts the edge over the screen so you get the rainbow).

That said it really doesn't bother me and I'm happy with the protector, but if you've created this thread specifically about this then I'm guessing you will notice it.

Hmmm. Much appreciated. Will have to look at one of these in person it seems.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas

Same exactly for me.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I had the belkin on my max. The phone fell onto carpet from 2 feet and cracked the screen protector. I went this afternoon had a different one installed.

vacay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
I had the belkin on my max. The phone fell onto carpet from 2 feet and cracked the screen protector. I went this afternoon had a different one installed.

I’m surprised to hear that it’s still easily breakable. They had this issue in the past when the thickness of the screen protector was 0.21mm. They then changed the design to increase thickness to 0.29mm. It sounds like this really didn’t solve the problem...

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Had this installed for me at Apple for my 7 about a week ago and I really like it

Smooth coating, thin and looks great. I don't get the bad reviews but if it randomly chips in the next week I will be back to change my tune.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014

Cracked falling 2ft on carpet? Must be an old screen protector that was in the shelf a long time or something, they shouldn’t break that easily. Either way they should warranty it.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I’m surprised to hear that it’s still easily breakable. They had this issue in the past when the thickness of the screen protector was 0.21mm. They then changed the design to increase thickness to 0.29mm. It sounds like this really didn’t solve the problem...
Not on mine. The crack happened at the top and began to spider web out almost immediately. Very disappointing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.