Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingKraken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Hi all, I am new here and came specifically for this issue. I have a 2017 15" Macbook pro. All has been well, until Thursday when my work emails started sending a majority of them (which are from clients and even my wife) to junk. I missed out on a few time sensitive messages, but I cannot figure out the issue for the life of me.

My partner, who has a PC has the same issue. We thought we got a virus, so we scanned for that. Nothing found and nothing changed. I updated Outlook and nothing changed. We called our email provider and was told to change our spf/txt record and did that and nothing. I even tried adding an email to the safe sender list, and nothing. I don't know what else to do and Google has nothing relevant. All help would be greatly appreciated as I am dedicated to resolving this. Thank you in advance.

KingKraken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Hi Steve. Thank you for your reply. There are no rules or anything automated setup. Like I mentioned it was super sudden. Never had an issue. We both did download the same template kit offline earlier last week, but like I said no viruses were detected (I use Malware Bytes Premium). And we did a Mailchimp blast last week also, but nothing came back spammed from that, and we have been in business for 6 years and have done plenty of blasts with no issues. It is super strange. I really hope somebody can help us. thank you.

Oh here is my version of Outlook via Microsoft 365

Outlook for Mac
Version 16.9 (180116)

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
There seems quite a few posts in the MS knowledge base that maybe of some help

As a possible work around you could add a rule and hope you can get your mails redirected to the correct folder ideally before they hit the junk pile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.