Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
There was mention of customized Zeiss lenses but, I don’t recall any mention of minor adjustments for variable eye issues like “old eyes” that don’t require prescription. At my age, I use readers (1.75) to read small print but do not require prescription glasses. Did anyone pick up on any mention in the presentation or from any reports since about slight vision adjustments not requiring ordering Zeiss lenses? Similar to how binoculars can be adjusted? If no, perhaps this will be discussed later as we get nearer to release.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
Curious to know as well since in past 3 years while I was busing living my eyes became trash.

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
This is the big unknown.

@Julien says the “focus field” is several feet away. That seems weird to me.

What about people with presbyopia? Does that require lens inserts? You’d think it could be corrected in software.

What about dual vision/near and far sighted?

Any enlightenment welcome.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
This is the big unknown.

@Julien says the “focus field” is several feet away. That seems weird to me.

What about people with presbyopia? Does that require lens inserts? You’d think it could be corrected in software.

What about dual vision/near and far sighted?

Any enlightenment welcome.
A little addendum to what I stated since the OP was asking about using magnifier glasses because of Presbyopia to see close up. You don't need corrective lenses in order to focus on the OLED screens a couple of inches from your eyes if you have Presbyopia. In fact NO ONE can focus that close. So you can use them BUT just like regular vision if you want to read something close to you then you would might need corrective lenses and anything farther than a few inches away will look like fine/normal vision since you are NOT focusing on the close in OLED's.

So the same is for any other eye condition. You will basically see about the same in the Vision Pro as you do in real life with or without your glasses.

So in a nutshell you don't need "glasses" to see the VR's close up displays since it is not like holding your iPhone EXTREMELY close to your eyes. But if you normally need glasses in the real world then you need them for the VRs.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.