Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unclebob101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Are there anyone who still uses assistive touch feature on iPhone X to preserve buttons? I saw this feature enabled on many older iPhones but nowadays this trend has kinda faded off. I’m still one of the assistive touch users. :rolleyes:

Lyrca

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
France
I still did on the iPhone 8 I just sold and will on my next phone.

I remember running down my iPhone 4 button and did not wish to repeat the experience. Although I can't really find many threads about issues with the buttons so things might be better nowadays.

unclebob101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
I still did on the iPhone 8 I just sold and will on my next phone.

I remember running down my iPhone 4 button and did not wish to repeat the experience. Although I can't really find many threads about issues with the buttons so things might be better nowadays.
I had my iPhone 5 power button break down quite a while ago and my wifes old 5s home button randomly decided to die. I think nowadays Apple has upgraded their button quality as well. Not as much complaints about buttons breaking down on the latest iPhones.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I do, but it's not to preserve buttons. Assistive Touch lets me navigate a bit quicker without stretching my thumb.

mrt.plt

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I started using AssistiveTouch as the home button of my iPhone 5 died, and I've been using it until I sold my iPhone 7+.
I tried using AssistiveTouch on my X but I found it slower compared to using the gestures.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Yes all the time.... it's not just for the Home button, it lets you do many actions with just one click. I wish there was a way to pin it to a specific spot on the Home screen in addition to just being floating on as it is now. Also, fo the Assistive touch menu to open in the center of the screen as it was in iOS10
Are there anyone who still uses assistive touch feature on iPhone X to preserve buttons? I saw this feature enabled on many older iPhones but nowadays this trend has kinda faded off. I’m still one of the assistive touch users. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.