Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LESKFISH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
Atlanta
I suppose I mean specifically for talk-to-text. It seems like she turns my messages into word salad more than ever and I assure you I have no accent of any kind and I am speaking clearly within a foot of my phone. I thought maybe it was my speaker on my iphone 7 plus at one point but even with the x she will take a phrase like "I wanted to" and turn it into "I want to test you" wtf is that?

umusachi

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Haha. Yes. In Australia she cannot even pronounce her own name. And when setting reminders the voice feedback is not very natural (in terms of wording). Apple have A LOT of work to do here to catch up to Google.

iphonenewuser

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
I don't use Siri because my English is bad and Siri doesn't support my language.
But I also think Siri gets dumber. When iPhone 4s launched, I talked with Siri in a my friend's 4s about 30 minutes and I think I almost was talking with a human. Time goes and sometimes I talk to Siri for relax (in my iPad 3, 7 plus) and notice that she is dumber than before. She loses context of the conversation, only knows 1 or 2 current sentences.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I honestly haven't tried to talk to Siri too much... mostly with my Apple Watch to tell Siri to do something
Hey Siri! Set this reminder
Hey Siri! Text my wife...
Hey Siri! Set a timer for...

Usually Siri gets things right when it comes to the text of the message or reminder, but I'm more likely to enunciate when I'm barking orders. Maybe if Siri and I had longer conversations I would start to mumble more :)

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
I had the most frustrating experience with Siri in the car today, asking her to navigate me to a certain street. When that failed, I tried another, more popular street. When that failed, I tried a popular landmark. When that failed, I just had her navigate me to the destination city.

I don’t consider myself being THAT inarticulate, but Siri thinks otherwise. My experience today rivaled the one I had with S-Voice (from Samsung).

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Idk if she’s gotten dumber, but she still ****ing sucks.

I disagree. Siri works very well for me in terms of dictation and deciphering. The one thing you have to remember, Siri is server-based, it's not iOS embedded. Meaning that sometimes you will get mixed results depending on how it deciphers on what your stating. But ultimately, I don't have any real general complaints, even though Siri is not perfect, but neither is the other voice assistants either.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have an Amazon Echo and used to have an Android phone... Siri is miles behind Alexa and Google Assistant.

I do have to admit, Google voice/Assistant is very good. It's not just the results that are produced, its The accuracy behind what I ask of Google and speed. The deciphering of Google voice is very good in general.

Reactions: brgjoe

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
I don't use Siri all that often -- just mainly to set alarms/appointments. But I've always found her to be a bit of a ditzy blonde. (with apologies to all ditzy blondes out there)

Whenever I try to do many other tasks using Siri, I find she's not as intuitive as the Google Assistant or Cortana. That's just in my experience using them. YMMV, of course.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I suppose I mean specifically for talk-to-text. It seems like she turns my messages into word salad more than ever and I assure you I have no accent of any kind and I am speaking clearly within a foot of my phone. I thought maybe it was my speaker on my iphone 7 plus at one point but even with the x she will take a phrase like "I wanted to" and turn it into "I want to test you" wtf is that?

To put it plainly Siri sucks compared to Google Assistant, I mean it seriously does. Seems like Apple let Siri go. Had potential but Apple seems not to care about making it better.

Reactions: brgjoe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.