Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvrbullet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
I'm looking for some tips on uploading photo's to Flickr...

I'm in the process of upgrading my Flickr account to a pro account (which isn't going well). I want to use iPhoto to upload all my photos, but it seems to be pretty limited. As long as I upload an album and don't add to it, I'm fine- But how do you add a picture to an album that already exists?

I want to reserve the right to add photo's after the album is established, but every time I try it, it just uploads the photo in its own set on Flickr.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else use iPhoto as a Flicker uploader??

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Adding photos confused me at first also, but really it's pretty simple. iPhoto treats Flickr sets just as normal photo albums so you just drag in new pictures. The same goes for Facebook pictures.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Emory: RE Your Contest Post

<snipped out>

I saw your post regarding submitting to multiple contests over in Weekly Contest, but I didn't want to reply there because text posts are discouraged in the Weekly Contest rules.

If you mean the various photo threads here in MacRumors, the only true contest is the Weekly Photo Contest. Photo of the Day is freeform show and tell with comments welcome and the Fortnightly Challenge is a C&C thread based on a user chosen theme. There are no judges or winners in either of these. I saw you work on your flickr feed and liked it. Put some up in POD.

Dale

SebZen

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Adding photos confused me at first also, but really it's pretty simple. iPhoto treats Flickr sets just as normal photo albums so you just drag in new pictures. The same goes for Facebook pictures.

Exactly. It always syncs the album. For example, say you upload one photo to Flickr. A new section opens in iPhoto called "FLICKR" on the left side of the app. There are albums named after where your photo was located.

Then you can add or delete photos from the FLICKR section and it will automatically sync with Flickr.

Just know that if you delete an album in iPhoto, your Flickr photos that were uploaded from that album will also be gone. At least from what I read, haven't tried that myself. So it's a bit risky if you have important photos you want to permanently keep in Flickr

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I assume this thread is in regards to iPhoto '09. Does the same apply in the previous version? I still have not updated, and did not know I could upload straight to flickr.

JBmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Eastern, PA
Flikr Uploadr app

I assume this thread is in regards to iPhoto '09. Does the same apply in the previous version? I still have not updated, and did not know I could upload straight to flickr.

I don't plan to upgrade until the next verision of iLife, so I still use the old version of iPhoto, and "Flikr Uploadr" is the app I use to drag and drop from iPhoto to Flikr Uploadr then you can define all your tags, headings, titles, sets and then upload.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I don't plan to upgrade until the next verision of iLife, so I still use the old version of iPhoto, and "Flikr Uploadr" is the app I use to drag and drop from iPhoto to Flikr Uploadr then you can define all your tags, headings, titles, sets and then upload.

Same here and I find it quite useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.