Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wotsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Nashville TN
Hi,
I am using aperature 2.0 on a mac pro with dual intel processors. Ran v1.5 and loved it and never a problem. 2.0 occaisionally crashes, photos black out when making adjustments occaisionally, and is generally quirky. Frequently when I re-open a cropped photo, it is not cropped, but the cropping is visible as a lighter portion of the whole photo. I will see one or more "glitches" in a three hour photo processing session.

Have re-installed. is this me or are there problems. Camera is Canon 20 shooting in raw mode.

Apple store gives me dumb looks when I go to them.
Bill Smith

cosmokanga2

macrumors 6502a
Frequently when I re-open a cropped photo, it is not cropped, but the cropping is visible as a lighter portion of the whole photo.

This is not a glitch. This happens when the crop tool (C) is selected and you are viewing a cropped image. Select the Select Tool (A), and it will show the current image version.

The blacking or graying out of images is a known problem and restarting Aperture or even just reloading the affected image cures this.

wal9000

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2006
Reloading images often doesn't fix the black issue for me. Undoing whatever I did to cause it sometimes works, sometimes not. Relaunching always does, but having to restart it every two or three images a lot of the time is a pretty unacceptable problem to have in a professional app.

Grr...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.