Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Update available now in Software Update:

Aperture 1.5.2 addresses issues related to overall reliability and performance in a number of areas, including:

Contact sheet printing
Smart Albums
Watermarks
Lift and stamp
Image export
Versions created using an external editor
This update is recommended for all Aperture users.

Note: If you haven't already done so, it is strongly recommended that you also download the Digital Camera RAW Support Update 1.0.1, which is available on the Apple Downloads support page at http://www.apple.com/support/downloads.

The Digital Camera RAW Support Update provides RAW file format compatibility for the following digital SLR cameras:

Canon Digital Rebel XTi / 400D / Kiss X Digital
Nikon D80
Pentax *ist DS
The Digital Camera RAW Support Update also addresses the following issues:

Handling of large Canon RAW files (.CRW)
DNG compatibility on Intel-based Macintosh computers
Lines sometimes appearing in images exported from Aperture

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Installed it. Everything seems fine. No obvious corruption or anything. Might be very slightly faster, but that could just be the illusion of a new update.

uberfoto

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Tried a few times using software update to install this one but I kept getting "an error occured" and none of the updates were able to install.

I tried the package manually but it gave me an error again. Said to try reinstalling again. Doesn't work. Downloaded the update again via software update and it still doesn't work. If I go to the Aperture update page and try to download the update directly, it won't download very fast. (5kb/s)

Error said:
"The update "Aperture Update" can't be installed.
Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.
The installer package has been moved to the Trash. To try again, open the package from the finder."

Currently @ Aperture v1.5

I tried downloading the 1.5.1 update (thinking I might need this before 1.5.2) but again, the apple servers are giving me speeds ~5kb/s. It will take ~6-7hrs to download at that speed (130MB file). :( No WAY can it be THAT slow. What's wrong?

Any suggestions?

-Frustrated Josh

*Update: I uninstalled Aperture because Apple's site said the trial is not eligible for the update. I had originally activated the trial with my serial # off of the box. After reinstalling from disc, I am now running v1.5.1 but the update still won't work. Is it possible that the DL from Apple's site is corrupt?

FYI, still getting the same error as above.

Apple Aperture page said:
Important Note: Aperture updates, such as the Aperture 1.5.2 Update, cannot be used to update previously downloaded versions of the Aperture Trial. The current version of the Trial delivers Aperture 1.5.2, so no update is necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.