Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uschandpod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
I just installed aperture 2 and I moved 250 events from iphoto. I would like to post them to mobileme for online safekeeping and viewing. It seems that I can only do this 1 event at a time and I need to wait for the upload (like watching water boil)

How can I move the entire library automatically overnite or over several nights.

I am not familiar with writing scripts and/or automator use.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Sincerely,

A watched pot never boils :cool: (in SoCal)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I just installed aperture 2 and I moved 250 events from iphoto. I would like to post them to mobileme for online safekeeping and viewing. It seems that I can only do this 1 event at a time and I need to wait for the upload (like watching water boil)

How can I move the entire library automatically overnite or over several nights.

I am not familiar with writing scripts and/or automator use.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Sincerely,

A watched pot never boils :cool: (in SoCal)

Are you sure Aperture uploads full resulation copies of the image? How much space to you have on your Moblie Me account. I'd be surprized if you could really move an entire full resolution Aperture library there.

How to do it? Is each iPhoto "event" inside it's own project or folder? To move the images in one step without any scripting you'd need to move them all into one container and then upload that container. The neat thing is that even if you copy the images into that new container they don't take more space. You are only copying pointers. You will just have to re-organize then do the upload. But fisrstcheck if you are really moving full res files. Otherwise it's a wate of time.

Much faster to buy a couple external disks and rotate these to some off-site location.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
You could use external disks to back up or you could use someone like flickr. With a pro account you can back up the original hi-res pictures.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.