Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blufox51

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I am new at using Aperture 2 and my question is ? I have a Canon 40D and I took photos of RAW/JPG dual taken on my camera. iPhoto uploaded both image formats at one time. My previous Aperture 1.5 also uploaded both images . In Aperture 2 it only uploaded the RAW files and not the JPG images. I had to import both files from iPhoto to a folder on my desktop then import them into Aperture 2 from the folder and both images uploaded. How can I upload these dual files into Aperture 2 . I am sure it is some setting in Aperture I need to know how to do that.
Thank You
blufox51

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
... In Aperture 2 it only uploaded the RAW files and not the JPG images. I had to import both files from iPhoto to a folder on my desktop then import them into Aperture 2 from the folder and both images uploaded. How can I upload these dual files into Aperture 2 . I am sure it is some setting in Aperture I need to know how to do that.
Thank You
blufox51

I thought the Aperture imported tose JPGs and used them as "preview" images. What else would you do with them?

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
The jpg is there, but Aperture only shows the RAW file from what I understand. To see the jpeg, right click and select "new version from JPEG" similar to creating a new file from the master.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.