Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2006
MN
Picked up Aperture 2 a few weeks ago to upgrade from iPhoto '08. Mainly since I found iPhoto a little limited with my new Canon XSi's raw photos. I like it a lot and really like the functionality. After installation, I imported my iPhoto library into Aperture without issue. I reorganized my photos, deleted duplicates, etc. I did run into one issue I'm not sure how to fix easily. When I imported my iPhoto '08 library, Aperture tagged all the shots with 'iPhoto Original' as a keyword. All that does is clutter up my metadata with useless info when I want to export it.

I would like to delete this keyword from any photos that may have it(200-300 shots) but not sure if there is an easy way to do it. Since I reorganized them after import, they are mixed with photos added later directly to Aperture. I would think there would be an easy way to do this but haven't found an answer with my online searches. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated, thanks.

Jan 30, 2006
Open Aperture and click Shift+H, then find the "iPhoto Original" keyword and delete it.

You're done.:)

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2006
MN
That's exactly what I was looking for. Worked perfectly. I knew there had to be some way to remove keywords from large groups of pictures. Just goes to show I have much to learn. Thanks

bobt

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2006
Bozeman, Montana
Regarding keywords, is there a quick way to add the same keyword to multiple photos after an import? I thought selecting several images and setting the keyword would do it for all but it only does for one image.

Thanks.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Regarding keywords, is there a quick way to add the same keyword to multiple photos after an import? I thought selecting several images and setting the keyword would do it for all but it only does for one image.
Well, it does do that after you deactivate the one-photo option: there should be a button below the viewer with a square and a 1 in it (the second one from the right): if that is depressed, only the primary selection will be changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.