Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G.T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Why is apple making people upgrade to Aperture 3 for certain RAW support. I know there was a lot added like brushes ect, but if u don't need it will they eventually update to for added RAW support. I have a GF1 and it isn't supported for RAW. Lucky I have CS4 which also means there is no need to upgrade for the brush support, this means I would be paying an upgrade for just the RAW support. Currently I have to edit RAW the I save as a lossless TIFF format, still would be handy to just store the edited RAW image in the Aperture library.

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
you think everyone else doesn't do the same thing? 5DII users have to have CS4 to use ACR. same deal with any other new cameras.

you can convert to DNG and then import to Aperture.

G.T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
you think everyone else doesn't do the same thing?

No, but I mean CS4 is expensive, we're lucky to have it. For someone who can only afford something like Aperture/Only need Aperture then they have to pay more money for something that should be given.

Someone posted somewhere, they installed Aperture 3 trial and then after the GF1's RAW worked in Aperture 2. Not sure but I'm gonna try it out. Is it so hard to just release a RAW update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.