Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Just upgraded to Aperture 3, imported my whole library and I can't print anything. Every time I print the program crashes. I tried sending to different printers to no avail (never had this problem with A2).

Also, when I make adjustments to a photo, the preview shows the new image but when I select the image only the original will show. No matter how many adjustment I make they won't show on screen (including B&W, which clearly shows in the preview). In all I'm extremely disappointed to be having such serious issues and I have no idea what to do next. For now I have to export files to Lightroom to print, but LR is not my preferred program!

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
64 bit it seems. I have the boxed version and cannot change that. I tried to download a trial version (as suggested on another site) since apparently the download version is later and has a 32 bit option, but I also read that I have to change the name of the existing application to allow the trial to be installed. Honestly, I'm not all that computer savvy and am nervous about trying such a thing.

Shuttleworth

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2008
UK
To get the 32 bit option on the retail version:

Simply boot in safe mode (shut down, startup, hold shift at startup chime but not before, release shift when you see the grey apple logo). Restart again and there is your 32-bit checkbox.

More info HERE

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I don't even know the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit. I did reboot in safe mode and reboot again. I renamed my Aperture application (calling it Aperture 3) and downloaded the trial version. Now what? Where is this 32 bit box that I need to check? Do I return my application file to it's original name?

Your help for this computer "virgin" is appreciated!

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I don't even know the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit. I did reboot in safe mode and reboot again. I renamed my Aperture application (calling it Aperture 3) and downloaded the trial version. Now what? Where is this 32 bit box that I need to check? Do I return my application file to it's original name?

Your help for this computer "virgin" is appreciated!

Geek-speak is "newbie" :)

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
You don't need to download the trial version to get the retail version of Aperture 3 to run in 32-bit mode. Re-read Shuttleworth's post again or follow the link to the :apple: discussion boards.

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I had already downloaded the trial. Now I have two applications; can I delete the trial and rename the original back to "Aperture"? I looked at "Get Info" for both and neither has the 32 bit check-box, even though I did reboot in safe mode prior to downloading the trial. I did read the link, thanks!

Mr THX

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
Yorkshire, England
Bit off topic but does the Aperture 3 trial allow video adjustment?

Just about to download but I really wanted to test it with some 5DMkII HD video???

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Found out my OS does not support 64 bit so 32 bit box is non-issue. Still experiencing bugs, which is more aggravating since it's not a "bit" issue. Too bad because in the little I've used A3 it seems to have great potential!

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Bit off topic but does the Aperture 3 trial allow video adjustment?
As far as I know, the video function in A3 is something like QuickTimeX, but like the imaging part of Aperture, A3 do allow you to edit the video using an external video editor. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.