Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
I for one welcome the new import functionality. I am no pro and tend to photo dump after a month which tends to lead to alot of tedious fiddling and organizing. By setting up auto time stamps for projects like events in iphoto will be awesome for me. Auto splitting and merging of projects just makes my life easier and takes less pre thought in how I plan to organize my pics.Plus moving around projects as I see fit. It's great. Drag and drop import to projects.

My wife hated Aperture2 and still preferred iphoto for her camera. I think now we will be able to use one program and have all out photos in one place.

I think all this is key for the non-professional photographer that shoots a lot a RAW and needs more than iphoto can offer. Best of both worlds I guess for me. Simplicity and power.

Do others think these changes detracts from the line of separation of the 2 programs or is this welcomed by others?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Another similar importing/organization/management tool with Ap3 is that you can use one computer to easily manage multiple Libraries. So, you can keep all of your projects separate from your wife's work, and switch back and forth easily as needed.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-11 at 12.47.35 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-11 at 12.47.35 PM.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.