Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
I have been uploading all my pictures directly into previously my iPhoto Library, but now, I am putting them directly into Aperture 3. Should I be sending them all to folders and keep the folders under my "Pictures" folder, or is it ok to store them in the Aperture library?

Is there a way to get all my pictures in the Aperture library exported into folder format?

Thanks

AndyGordon

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2009
Cambridgeshire, UK
Where you store images is your choice, Aperture allows you to use a folder structure and 'Reference' them from their or to 'Manage' them in the Aperture db. Either way has its pro's and con's

To export your Aperture images into a folder (on your hard drive I assume), create an Automator Item with two actions:

1. Choose Projects
2. Export Masters (if you want masers) or
2. Export versions if you want that, or both if you want the original and version

The second step allows you to select folder formats based on Project Name, various date options or custom names

Cheers

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
Where you store images is your choice, Aperture allows you to use a folder structure and 'Reference' them from their or to 'Manage' them in the Aperture db. Either way has its pro's and con's

To export your Aperture images into a folder (on your hard drive I assume), create an Automator Item with two actions:

1. Choose Projects
2. Export Masters (if you want masers) or
2. Export versions if you want that, or both if you want the original and version

The second step allows you to select folder formats based on Project Name, various date options or custom names

Cheers

Thank you, I will give this a try. This is exactly what I was looking to do. I have never used Automator before. Is it pretty straightforward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.