Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Just when A3 was starting to work without constant lockups, now it's totally screwed up. The program locks on printing 50% of the time and the ONLY way to unlock my computer is to UNPLUG it. I cannot restart, as I get a message that Aperture cancelled restart! NOTHING WORKS and A3 is now useless, totally useless. Nice job Apple, real nice.

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Just when A3 was starting to work without constant lockups, now it's totally screwed up. The program locks on printing 50% of the time and the ONLY way to unlock my computer is to UNPLUG it. I cannot restart, as I get a message that Aperture cancelled restart! NOTHING WORKS and A3 is now useless, totally useless. Nice job Apple, real nice.

What specs are you running? When you a running it do you have any 3rd party plug ins installed?

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I hate A3. But I was able to work around the crashes by opening it as 32-bit. It's still a dog and I don't think there's no amount of updates will make it as snappy as A2. If you bought A3 at a store you'd never be able to start-up in 32-bit, you'd have to download the trial version.:rolleyes: I'm just waiting right now for the Lightroom to come out of beta and plunge into the world of Adobe. I love you Apple but after three rolling-ball Mighty Mouse and this upgrade, you're testing me.

kentamcolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I am running some plug-ins, primarily NIK software. My problems are mostly with printing. I can export the photo and print from my desktop, but not from within A3. The latest issue only came up with the latest update. Nice job Apple!

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Collateral damage due to the fact that the iPhone/iPad/iPod consume so much of Apple's attention and resources that they apparently no longer have interest in producing quality computers or computer software.

My $0.02

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
I'm just waiting right now for the Lightroom to come out of beta and plunge into the world of Adobe. I love you Apple but after three rolling-ball Mighty Mouse and this upgrade, you're testing me.

I have been subsisting on Bridge and PSE8 for the last year waiting for LR3 to come out. I don't want to have to buy a new computer to run A3.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Collateral damage due to the fact that the iPhone/iPad/iPod consume so much of Apple's attention and resources that they apparently no longer have interest in producing quality computers or computer software.

My $0.02

Wrong. Apple has different teams who do different tasks. Apple is not so budget constrained that they need to pull people from their OS X team to work on the iPad, etc.

Simply wrong.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Wrong. Apple has different teams who do different tasks. Apple is not so budget constrained that they need to pull people from their OS X team to work on the iPad, etc.

Simply wrong.

Seriously?

Did you happen to see article on the Macrumors front page today about resources from OS 10.7 development being diverted to the iPhone OS?

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Seriously?

Did you happen to see article on the Macrumors front page today about resources from OS 10.7 development being diverted to the iPhone OS?

Oh, so a blogger reports that he heard from mysterious sources that resources have been diverted? Seriously? Yeah, I'll take that as a fact... not. I think I will make a blog post saying that Apple has diverted resources away from its iPad team and started a iCarOfTheFuture team, ok? Sources? Who needs them.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Oh, so a blogger reports that he heard from mysterious sources that resources have been diverted? Seriously? Yeah, I'll take that as a fact... not. I think I will make a blog post saying that Apple has diverted resources away from its iPad team and started a iCarOfTheFuture team, ok? Sources? Who needs them.

John Gruber is pretty highly regarded as a source about Apple news, which is why you'll see his opinions reflected in a front page Macrumors story... I'm guessing we won't even see your iCarOfTheFuture on Page 2. :p

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
John Gruber is pretty highly regarded as a source about Apple news, which is why you'll see his opinions reflected in a front page Macrumors story... I'm guessing we won't even see your iCarOfTheFuture on Page 2. :p

lol I know I know. But what I am saying is that even though John is regarded, that doesn't mean he is always spot on. And it would surprise me very much if a company with as much money as Apple actually pulled people from departments allowing the projects to get neglected instead of bringing in more engineers.

JonTok

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
Umm...

It's well known that Apple pulls people from one project to work on another - wouldn't you want your best guys on the project-of-the-moment? I would.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
It is for this reason that I don't break my neck to update to the latest and greatest. I still don't have SL or A3. I let others do the beta testing. I had a perfectly fine working printer before Leopard, then upgraded. Once all was said and done I had bought 4 printers, and returned three that weren't 'compatable.' Apple will leave the bugs for the printer companies to fix. They don't test every driver, and every printer ever made. And if your printer is more than a year old, you might not ever get a working driver for it. Welcome to planned obsolescence. It's the wave of the future, and the bane of your pocket book.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.