Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotelfive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hi there, I am going to be switching to Aperture 3 in the near future as I have a part time photography business. I am very interested in the photobook plugins that Aperture offers from the 4 different photo book companies. My question is this: how are the prices when using these companies? I cannot seem to access any price lists until I actually download the plugins (which I cannot do as I do not have the program yet). I see the prices for the Apple books but not the other companies. I am looking for a price on a basic 8 x 10 hardcover for example. Are these companies much more than the books offered through Apple itself?

Thanks in advance.

SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you have ever used iphoto books the aperture books are so much better. The software allows you so much freedom to design. They are pricy though. £130 for an 80 page book ( the largest) including delivery to the UK from Prague.

hotelfive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys. I did see those prices on the Apple page, but was wondering more specifically about the 4 specific plugins from photo book companies (see this page: http://www.apple.com/aperture/resources/third-party-books.html).

They look a little fancier and I am assuming they are more money, just not sure how much :)

Thanks again.

Oh and sorry I am just in the process of building and ordering my MBP so I can't even install the demo yet (although I will the second I get it!)

davegregory

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
I haven't used the plugins for the books yet. But I know that Queensberry's smallest album is 12x12, not including "parent albums". The prices are usually $200-$300 for a basic 24 page album. It's a quality album, no doubt, just don't be shocked by the price haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.