Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camperboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi i dont find any information abaout Aperture 3 upgrade version. I want to buy this program but I wonder if I can install Aperture 3 Upgrade on my computer without Aperture 2. Can I make clean install without having previously version?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Why do you want an upgrade version if you don't have the previous version?

Most of the times the upgrade version just needs the serial of the previous version, so if you have that, it might work.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Most of the times the upgrade version just needs the serial of the previous version, so if you have that, it might work.

That's certainly how it works with Final Cut Express. I think the OP is asking if, for any reason, he owns Aperture 2 but does not have it installed can he install Aperture 3. I did just this with FCE as I did not have any video sources for quite some time so did not have it installed then just installed the final update and gave it both the update and original serial numbers.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
The OP pretty clearly states he doesn't have the previous version. I believe he's asking if you can get away with installing the "upgrade" without having to own the old version, like you can do with the Snow Leopard "upgrade".

The answer is almost certainly "no" - Apple's pro apps check those sorts of things. But I haven't tested it myself, and don't plan to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.