Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theresa297

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I installed a LaCie Hard drive yesterday just for my photos......

In aperture I have set up my files with individual folders of each day I take photos. I would like to export my blue folders to LaCie but find that I first have to create a new folder to desktop, name it, then export the photos to the folders and drag it to the LaCie hard drive....

Is is possible to export the blue folders from aperture with all the photos inside without setting up on the desktop?

Is there an easier way?

Terry

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I installed a LaCie Hard drive yesterday just for my photos......

In aperture I have set up my files with individual folders of each day I take photos. I would like to export my blue folders to LaCie but find that I first have to create a new folder to desktop, name it, then export the photos to the folders and drag it to the LaCie hard drive....

Is is possible to export the blue folders from aperture with all the photos inside without setting up on the desktop?

Is there an easier way?

Terry

The export works like any "save" function in OS X....just change the sestination from DESKTOP to your external drive

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I would like to export my blue folders to LaCie but...

What are you really trying to do? make a backup? Most the images to another computer? If so there is a better way. The best way, by far to make a backup is to use a "vault". If you want to export then use Apertures "export" function.

You might want to tell us the bigger picture of what you are trying to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.