Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Can medata be edited with both Aperture and LightRoom? Or will each program only read metadata written by that application?

thanks

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
They can both edit and read the standard EXIF and IPTC metadata, doesn't matter who changed it last.

But I dont know for sure if they also use program specific metadata. Are you interested in any special tag?

oracleron

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2006
Alameda, Ca
Searching Keywords

I have not downloaded either Aperature or Lightroom yet! But I am looking for a solution, I currently use Adobe Bridge to add keywords to my RAW (DNG converted) images, before I process to JPG. Having just processed some 500 images I recently tried to do a search, looking for just a keyword, and I olny got results showing the JPGs not the RAW (DNG) files I originally assigned. Does either Aperature or Lightroom retain the RAW (DNG) keyword searching?

Note, I convert the original Canon C2R, files to DNG (this embeds the EXIF information to the image into a single file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.