Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
I seem to keep having the same problem: I have my photos on an external drive and import them into Aperture 2.1 as Managed Referenced Files.

Every time I open Aperture I get the "Image Loading" message indefinitely. When I go to Manage Referenced Files the application indicates that my master photos are in my Bootcamp partition. I reconnect the files and it's all OK.... until the next time Aperture starts up and the same issue occurs. It's all very frustrating. Is anyone having the same problem? Has anyone figured out the solution?

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Is your ext. HDD a single partition OS X journaled, or does it have a 2nd Windows partition? Is it constantly connected?

Also, there are 2 ways to put images into your library… either managed or referenced. Not both.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Is your ext. HDD a single partition OS X journaled, or does it have a 2nd Windows partition? Is it constantly connected?

Also, there are 2 ways to put images into your library… either managed or referenced. Not both.

Sorry you're right - I am talking about referenced files i.e. the original files are in their own folder on the ext. hard drive and imported into the library as referenced files.

My ext. HD is formatted as both OS X journalled (for my Time Machine back up) and as FAT 32 for my photos which is where the referenced files are kept.

Does this make a difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.