Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
when I export a version of an image, be it raw, or not..

the exported (and resized) version of the images have a vertical line that passes right down the image, it's really annoying, I dont know whats causing it.

I'm exporting with the option 'fit within 1024 x 1024', no other settings, etc

the master images do NOT have problems.. all exported versions get this dodgy line down them: example:
(look for strange vertical line near left)

i even see it in that preview image! argh.

thoughts? doesnt matter if I'm shooting raw, or not. I might try another camera..... just for laughs

hrmm ok, just tested with another camera (only a 2mpx one) and i dont see any issues with the images. hrmmm.

just not sure!

Attachments

• SBV2 3.jpg
    SBV2 3.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 135

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Which version of Aperture are you running. There were widespread reports of this with 1.5 and 1.5.1 but it's meant to be fixed with 1.5.2

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I've had enough of Aperture for now. Too slow, even on cutting-edge hardware, and still too buggy. Gone back to the simplicity and speed of iPhoto 6, and will only use Aperture if I need to do any advanced stuff.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I've had enough of Aperture for now. Too slow, even on cutting-edge hardware, and still too buggy. Gone back to the simplicity and speed of iPhoto 6, and will only use Aperture if I need to do any advanced stuff.

I agree, I tried the 30 day trial of Aperture 1.5.2 and the speed was horrible. I knew it wasn't going to be great on my computer, but I can barely scroll through a 1000 pictures and everything beachballs. I love the features of it and the organization, but I just can't stand the performance. I am also back to iPhoto and it is perfectly smooth on my computer. Hopefully iLife 07' will bring even more features to iPhoto that I will use. Two that I hope are added to iPhoto are the magnifying glass feature and stacks, so that you can look at different versions of the same photo without taking up a ton of space on the screen and see the original.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I find that Aperture is reasonably fast, certainly it could be better but once it's done creating all the previews it's fine. I could never go back to iPhoto. It's ability to correct white balance, get details out of shadows and alter the colour balance without significantly reducing the fidelity of the image are terrible compared to Aperture running on a RAW image.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Two that I hope are added to iPhoto are the magnifying glass feature and stacks, so that you can look at different versions of the same photo without taking up a ton of space on the screen and see the original.

You can already sort of do the latter in the full screen view - just select 2 or more photos and hit full screen - you can then cycle through one while the other(s) stays there. Aperture does this too.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I find that Aperture is reasonably fast, certainly it could be better but once it's done creating all the previews it's fine. I could never go back to iPhoto. It's ability to correct white balance, get details out of shadows and alter the colour balance without significantly reducing the fidelity of the image are terrible compared to Aperture running on a RAW image.

I agree, but to me that's "advanced" stuff which I can occasionally use Aperture for. I just couldn't stand using it anymore for more frequent tasks like simple viewing and organising. You can't say the performance is acceptable even on Core 2 Duo processors and 2 gigs of RAM.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
i think aperture performs fairly well on my CD macbook pro with 2gigs ram. it's fairly smooth.

But this 'line' in the resized image is annoying me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.