Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DCBass

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Title says it all. When I select these tools, the tool itself doesn't show up in place of the mouse. I get no crop tool, or a red eye target.

Any suggestions?

All of my images are referenced, but that shouldn't be a problem (or is it?). I can't find anything else on the internet about people having similar problems.

Thanks in advance,

DCBass

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Can you perform other adjustments via the hud (Shift-H)? If not then I'd suggest Aperture cannot access the Master (offline?)...

DCBass

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Odd...

Thanks for the quick reply rob.

It appears that everything is working fine after a restart of aperture. Odd, I'm still not sure what was going on. I was able to make other adjustments before in the HUD, such as exposure and color correction.

and yes, my images are referenced, though they are online and with previews.

I cannot seem to recreate the problem.

Thanks anyway... hope this doesn't happen again.

All the best,

DCBass

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Thanks for the quick reply rob.

It appears that everything is working fine after a restart of aperture. Odd, I'm still not sure what was going on. I was able to make other adjustments before in the HUD, such as exposure and color correction.

and yes, my images are referenced, though they are online and with previews.

I cannot seem to recreate the problem.

Thanks anyway... hope this doesn't happen again.

All the best,

DCBass

I had a problem with Aperture not recognizing my RAW files from my Nikon D40, even though it is a supported camera. After a restart of Aperture and my iMac, it was all working fine. I guess Aperture just has "hiccups" sometimes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.