Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Afternoon all.

I just tried to print a couple of photos I took with my Nikon D40 this afternoon, ie I was printing them from Aperture to my Canon Pixma MP520.

The photos looks perfect on the screen but there are narrow lines down through them when I print them.

What am I doing wrong? :eek:

Thanks.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
I had the same, no idea what caused it (oh, only difference is my printer is a Canon ip5200) but printing through easy-photoprint and they were fine.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I had the same, no idea what caused it (oh, only difference is my printer is a Canon ip5200) but printing through easy-photoprint and they were fine.

Thanks!

Spooky: I just printed the photo through iPhoto and it's perfect :confused:

So....are there Aperture settings we have to fiddle with to get rid of the lines, or does Aperture have a dodgy relationship with Canon printers?

kppast

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
I have a Canon pixma ip6600d printer and I could not print a good photo from aperture. If copied the pic to iphoto and printed it was fine. i called Canon and they had me reinstall my driver because when I went to print in aperture I wasn't able to select under print options print quality setting. Any how try calling canon - they were really helpful and Apple couldn't help me since it was on the printer side.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I have a Canon pixma ip6600d printer and I could not print a good photo from aperture. If copied the pic to iphoto and printed it was fine. i called Canon and they had me reinstall my driver because when I went to print in aperture I wasn't able to select under print options print quality setting. Any how try calling canon - they were really helpful and Apple couldn't help me since it was on the printer side.

Thanks for that. When you reinstalled the driver did the photos print okay? I'm still having the problem, can't find any way of solving it.

kppast

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
After reinstalling the driver the canon rep had me open a picture in aperture. Then he had me try to print it by going to file - print image.
Under the printer he had me click Print settings.
Then in the Print settings he had me click the layout tab.
Under the layout tab he had me click Quality and Media. Initially before reinstalling the drive Quality media was crossed out along with a bunch of other listings.
Then in Quality Settings he made me pick the media [paper etc. but the print mode had to be changed to Top Quality.

Hope this helps. If not call canon. They were very nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.