Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krymzon40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hello, i'm having an issue with the way Aperture is handling colors in my images. I'm using RAW images to create different exposures for HDR images. Why are the colors different?

**Edit** Oh man, whoops, those two images were JPEGs, these are from a RAW

Here's the image I get in Lightroom:

And this is what I get in Aperture:

Anyone know how I can fix this?

And I know it's ideal to capture different exposures instead of changing the exposure of a single RAW image, but I hadn't planned for the images i'm working on.

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
all RAW converters process RAW data differently. you can fiddle with the settings a bit, but there's only so much you can change.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
There's no point. The entire purpose of HDR is to take multiple exposures to capture more dynamic range than the sensor is capable of. You're not creating any new information that isn't already there. You might as well just tone map the one image, although I can already tell you the highlights are completely blown so there's not much you can do

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Every RAW processor is different and usually none of them are better. Some people swear by the original manufacturer's RAW processor, even though they might hate the app. Some prefer Bibble (you could have inserted another RAW processor randomly in here), but most won't care.

Just don't expect different RAW processors to give you the same output. (Not that I see big differences in the two pictures either.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.