Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfilm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Hi, I'm editing a picture and the person in the image has great blue eyes but their hat is just as blue! When I use the color tool to select his eyes and enhance the color more it picks out both his eyes and his hat so when I raise the saturation for example his hat becomes stupidly blue while his eyes look nice.

How do I go about limiting the selection of the color, is there no way to mask for example? Any help will be great, cheers :)

OS X 10.5.6
Aperture 2.1.2

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
As noted - use photoshop for this.

Lightroom has a big step up on aperture - you can use the adjustment brush to do just what you want using LR.

aperture just won't cut it for the type of editing you want to do.

Note; I'm an aperture user, not bashing. I do own LR as well, but have 30,000 files in aperture so I keep using it due to momentum. But tired of getting left behind and all the round trips into PS.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
As noted - use photoshop for this.

Lightroom has a big step up on aperture - you can use the adjustment brush to do just what you want using LR.

aperture just won't cut it for the type of editing you want to do.

Note; I'm an aperture user, not bashing. I do own LR as well, but have 30,000 files in aperture so I keep using it due to momentum. But tired of getting left behind and all the round trips into PS.

I finally actually tried Lightroom last week, and completely agree. If I were starting over, I'd go with Lightroom even though I find that it's not as nice for strictly organizing photos (I find Aperture easier to navigate). Also, Lightroom, as an Adobe product, has a higher probability than Aperture of being around in 10 years.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

I just have to commiserate with you. I have over 35,000 photos in Aperture and am so disappointed with its bugs and shortcomings. If it weren't for the investment of time I've put into it with all of those photos, I'd be using LR exclusively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.