Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hey Guys. I find myself running short of space on my mere 60GB HD which is why I have a 250Gb external drive. I'd like to archive all of last year's photos from Aperture onto the drive so they are no longer actually on my MB's HD -but Aperture is just referencing the files when it is connected to the HD. Of course all of this year's photos I'd like for them to stay in the Aperture Library.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Do you use a MacBook for Aperture?! How does it run?

Plz tell me you are using it with external screen... the built-in one is the worst screen for photography O_O

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA

Plz tell me you are using it with external screen... the built-in one is the worst screen for photography O_O

I don't know, it runs fine for me. It is a little bit laggy at times but that doesn't bother me.

Yes, I have a 19'' external display.

& Thank you M@lew, I knew it was possible somehow.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia

Aperture in Full Screen Mode on a Macbook is pretty much impossible to use. It lags at the worst times, especially when straightening images.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Aperture in Full Screen Mode on a Macbook is pretty much impossible to use. It lags at the worst times, especially when straightening images.

I'll give you that, full screen is tough. I know LR is supposedly faster, but is it that much better? I'd consider switching but I can only imagine getting all my files/folders/projects/etc out of Aperture and into LR would be near impossible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.