Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
See this damned bloody stupid black box in the middle of my screen?

Picture+2_002.png

It is nothing but a damned bloody nuisance, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it? So, how do I rid myself of this annoying black box?

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Press F twice for entering and leaving Fullscreen mode.

If that doesn't work:
(1) Press F for Fullscreen mode.
(2) Press ctrl + . to hide it automatically.
(3) Press F again.

(BTW, it's a bug, but I haven't seen that behavior since installing the latest update.)

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
(1) Press F for Fullscreen mode.
(2) Press ctrl + . to hide it automatically.
(3) Press F again.

If that doesn't work, press F twice for entering and leaving Fullscreen mode.

(BTW, it's a bug, but I haven't seen that behavior since installing the latest update.)

Thank you very much. That seems to have fixed it.

I have an education license for Aperture, so I don't get updates as far as I know.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Thank you very much. That seems to have fixed it.

I have an education license for Aperture, so I don't get updates as far as I know.

You should get point updates for Edu licensed Apple software. You wont be able to upgrade to Aperture 2.0, but point upgrades should be fine.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Of course you do, I have an edu licence as well! Just use OS X' Software Updates, all Aperture updates will appear there. The latest version is 1.5.6.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Looks like I'm already running 1.5.6. :confused:

Yeah, and you can keep updating until ver 1.9.9 if they ever get that far with the updates. But when Aperture 2.0 comes out you and myself won't be able to get the discount on the software, but by that point (soon I hope) I would be very comfortable paying full price for such a powerful application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.