Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Binford

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Hello All. Sorry if this question is redundant, but i was wondering-

1. how can you adjust the jpeg quality when you export pictures (from raw to jpeg)?
2. Is there a better way to do teh conversion beyodn this method?
3. Also, I use the borderFX plugin, was wondering if the jpeg image quality could be adjusted in this plugin as well.

THank you very much!

Regards

Adrien Baker

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Bakersfield, Ca.
Command click the image you want to export and go to export => version. From there, click the 'export preset' drop down and there's a plethora of options, or you can go to 'Edit' at the bottom and do a custom export. Not sure about the BorderFX plug-in.

Adrien

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
FWIW, I had thought the same. But today I took some JPEGs (exported from the RAW's in Aperture) into Costco to print and was surprised how clear some night shots of the bull fights were, and I had the D300 set to 1600 ISO. They looked crappy on the ol' Mac here, but fine in the prints.

Binford

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
thank you

thanks for the responses.
i ask primarily because i just see such a disparity when i look at my full size raws in aperture then look at my exported jpegs which i upload onto my blog. perhaps i'm having a biased opinion/comparison since my raws are full size and i scale down my jpegs to roughly 800 pixels in length, i'm not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.